Friday, January 30, 2009

No Kissing on the First Date

Since I started dating again coming up on 2 years now, I have had my share of many make out sessions on first dates. I grew tired of it around the end of 2008 so I made the decision that I would no longer kiss on the first date. If you think about it, it is weird to be swapping bodily fluids with strangers that you have known for such a short time. I love to kiss and it is a real intimate thing for me. Tonight I went on a date with Steven. He is a really nice guy. He is probably the nicest guy I have ever been out with from online dating. One issue that I have is that he is shorter then me. His profile says he is 5'6 but he is probably more along the lines of 5'5. This is something that I can get over because after a while, for the most part, I don't see the physical anymore. He has a very attractive face with dark eyes, dark hair, and big full lips. Just how I like it. He has been divorced over a year and has kids. He was a virgin until 26 years old when he married his wife. Since the divorce, he has had sex with 2 women. He has a job in sales management and seems to be well liked by many people. We went to dinner and had a great time. I was so nervous that I felt like I was having mild panic attacks as we were sitting at the table. My throat kept clinching up as I swallowed my food which made everything uncomfortable to me. Time for a drink I thought! So I ordered my favorite dirty martini. He does not drink. I really like it when a man drinks a little at least. It makes it all a little more fun. After dinner he extended the date and we went bowling. I had a great time. We had good conversation. He walked me to my car. I thought I could get by with just a hug but then he kissed me on my lips. I stopped him and told him I do not kiss on the first date. He asked me if I was a "rules girl". I said no, it is just my thing and not to take offense. This was the first time that I ever rejected a guy that I wanted to kiss so it was very awkward. It did feel funny with him being shorter than me when he leaned up to kiss me. I felt guilty about the rejection when I got in my car so I sent him a text with a photo of him bowling. He responded immediately to my text but now I have the feeling that I will never hear from him again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, This is nice informative, Great date suggestion, we are offer an excellent dating solution, for anyone and any age..so do not be late just review our site...

Anonymous said...

He thought you weren't interested in him. There's nothing wrong with kissing on a first date. We don't live under the Taliban, you know. Wandering hands?....Well, that's something else.

Anonymous said...

Kisses on first dates are a bit weird. I used to do it all the time... but I want quality these days, not quantity. I'd rather wait a date or two and have it be a memorable and romantic first kiss, not an obligatory spit-swapping.

And I'm not super-conservative or anything. I've come to this conclusion after years of making out with random first dates. lol

fervids_ls said...

Yes true runningleap... Kiss on a first date looks awkward.. But what in case of Sexy Adult Dating? I have even heard people to have sex on first date !!!

Filipina girl said...

Kissing during first dates are fine if you are attracted with your date and got some special sparks happening between the two of you.