Friday, October 24, 2008

The "Ultimate" Cheatin' Ex-Boyfriend

I found my first real boyfriend, Jay, on Facebook a few days ago. He is the man that I lost my virginity to and the one that ripped my heart out when he cheated on me multiple times. We were also engaged at one time. I have been looking for him for years. Not to reconnect a love romance but to see what his life turned out like. He is now married with 3 kids. It appears to me that his wife is who helped turn his life around. We met for lunch today. It was odd at first because we are both now adults not teenagers. He apologized for being such a jerk to me in the past. I did feel his emotional neediness towards me, though. After we finished our lunch, I asked him if he would take a photo with me because I am creating an album for "ex boyfriends". He laughed and said he would. He also told me that he is the "ultimate" ex-boyfriend because he was the one that "had" me first. Do all men think like this? What freakin' nerve! We sat next to each other while the waiter took our photo. His hand went on my leg and he immediately removed it. He later texted me and made some comments towards me that made me think that he is still a cheater so I called him out on it. I thank God that I never ended up with him. We are 2 totally different people now and what attracts me to a man is much more than what he can offer me. I told him that I plan to support him in his marriage with his 3 beautiful kids as a friend. I am glad that I met with him.

3 comments:

Miss Heather Leigh said...

I'm a bit curious as to the comments he made! Anyways was there any awkwardness? I get curious about my exes sometimes. Not sure if I'd want to meet them, though.

Thirtysomething said...

Some are worth finding and being friends, but then you just end up realizing why you broke up in the first place, MOST ARE douche bags! :) hugs

bobbyboy said...

"He also told me that he is the "ultimate" ex-boyfriend because he was the one that "had" me first. Do all men think like this?"

No, not all men. Men do however have a kind of "Conquest" mindset along with a scoreboard mentality. This guy was very insensitive to have said that. That, along with other descriptions you gave, clearly tells me he has not changed, at all!

Cheers!