Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Should I Contact Him Now? That is the Question.

Austin has been on my mind a lot lately. We were dating this time last year for 3 months. I have this overwhelming urge to contact him by email just to say hello and see how he is. We have not spoken since February of this year. Austin is a different kind of man. He pursued in the sense of when we were in person and on the date but in between the dates, he asked me to contact him. Every once in awhile, if he did not hear from me, he would call. I have never had this happen before. Usually the man contacts me every time. With the exception of Austin, men never ask me to call. They like to stay in control.

Austin and I had the most passion for each other. I felt very safe with him and he took really good care of me. I don't think anyone has ever treated me better. He paid attention to all of my details. If he noticed that my feet were hurting, he would just start rubbing them. If my wine glass was empty, he would fill it up. He enjoyed serving me. I never had to say a word. He has really great taste and we have the same interests so I always had the best time with him. It is hard to explain what happened between us but all I can figure out is that he got scared and ran. I can tell that Austin has commitment issues. I think this is completely related to his father walking out on the family and never coming back when he was a young boy. I never did ask for a commitment but it is possible that my actions and body language told him otherwise.

I did move on in the dating world since Austin but honestly, I have been in a funk all year. I have gone up a clothing size and quit taking care of myself like I was doing. I do plan to contact him again to try and see him, but I want to be looking and feeling my best when I do.

I might go ahead and just email him to check in. His status on Myspace showed that he is sad so I am curious to see if he is okay.

3 comments:

Mrs. Realife said...

Hmm... you've got me curious -- I want to know what happens if/when you contact him!

As a single woman for 29 years... (now married as of Oct. 07) I'm always curious how others go about their dating lives --

Anonymous said...

I think you should contact him!!! Thanks for checking out my site! I'm really loving yours too! Can't wait to see what Austin says when you do reach out....... :)

Tiff For Tat said...

I stumbled across your blog and am glad I did. I am glad you decided to contact Austin and couln't help reading the part about you thinking it was funny he wanted you to do the contacting. Unfortunately in todays dating world the men expect the women to do some of the work too. It took me a long time to realize that too! Is it possible they see us as equals now!?? Lol. I admire you for getting out in the dating world again! It's tough but once you find your prince it will all be worth it!! I met my guy online. If your interested you can can check my blog for the story on that one!